I love chocolate. And if you’re like me, when I get a craving for chocolate– I want it and I want it now. That’s why this if the perfect recipe for an instant chocolate fix. I love the satisfaction that the coconut oil base provides. It also remains a guilt-free treat with just a touch of sweetener added.
If you are planning to share the bark or want to make a bunch to have on hand, double (or triple!) the recipe. When wrapped tightly, the bark will stay good in the freezer for a few months. (If it lasts that long, that is!)
The basic recipe calls for just a few ingredients, but I always like to top my bark off with a variety of fun toppings. This recipe is fun because you can mix it up depending on what toppings you are in the mood for.
Here are a few of my favorites. If you come up with a new combo for this Raw Cocoa Crunch Bark recipe, I would love to see!
Festive Fall Bark toppings: sliced almonds, dried cranberries, pumpkin seeds, himalayan salt
Loco for Coconut Bark toppings: toasted coconut flakes, sliced almonds
Heavenly Hazelnut toppings: toasted hazelnut pieces, pink Himalayan salt
Haunting Halloween toppings: dried apricot and dried mango chunks
Raw Cocoa Crunch Bark
- 1/2 cup 100% cocoa powder unsweetened
- 1/2 cup coconut oil melted
- 2 tablespoons sprouted quinoa uncooked
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon stevia
- Toppings: see various options above, or get creative and add desired toppings of your choice!
- Toast raw quinoa over medium-high heat until slightly browned and nutty aroma.
- Meanwhile, mix together cocoa powder and melted coconut oil. Stir in toasted quinoa, maple syrup, and stevia.
- Pour mixture onto a plate or sheet pan lined with parchment paper or wax paper. Sprinkle desired toppings over.
- Freeze for 1 hour. Break into pieces and enjoy! Store leftovers in freezer for up to 3 months.