Maple Balsamic Kale Chip Salad
Colorful and crunchy Maple Balsamic Kale Chip Salad! These easy microwave kale chips add the perfect sweet crunch on top. No oven required!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time5 mins
Total Time15 mins
- 6 ounces or about 8 cups loosely packed leafy greens of your choice (mixed greens, spinach, romaine, chard)
- 1 1/2 cups diced fruit of your choice strawberries, blueberries, apples, etc
- 1/2 cup nuts of your choice walnuts, sliced almonds, etc
- 1 bunch of kale about 6 ounces, ripped into medium-sized pieces
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon honey dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Pinch of salt
- Optional toppings: dried cranberries feta cheese, chicken
For the salad base, combine leafy greens, fruit, and nuts into a large bowl. Set aside.
For the dressing, combine red wine vinegar, olive oil, dijon mustard, maple syrup, balsamic vinegar, and salt in a small bowl. Stir until combined. For a thinner dressing, add water to desired consistency.
In another bowl, drizzle half the dressing over the kale and toss until covered. Line a microwave-safe plate with parchment paper. Then, in batches, arrange the kale pieces in a single layer on the plate. Microwave the kale for 3-4 minutes, or until crispy, and repeat with remaining kale.
Top salad base with kale chips, the rest of the dressing (or less, depending on how much dressing you like), and toppings. Toss and enjoy!