Sweet Potato and Brussels Sprout Buddha Bowl
Everyday I’m brusselin’ with this seasonal Sweet Potato and Brussels Sprout Buddha Bowl! Perfect comfort bowl for fall. Vegan, whole grain, and delicious.
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time30 mins
Total Time50 mins
- 1 pound sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into ½ inch cubes (about 2 medium sweet potatoes)
- 1 large red onion, sliced
- 1 pound brussels sprouts, quartered
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cups of kale, shredded (about 1/2 bunch kale)
- 1 cup raw quinoa, rinsed and drained
- ¼ cup sliced almonds, toasted
Maple Balsamic Dressing: (makes about 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup high-quality balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
To make maple balsamic dressing, combine all ingredients to a small mason jar and shake until combined. Set aside.
Line a large baking sheet with foil. Place sweet potatoes and red onion on sheet and toss with 1/4 cup of the dressing. Next, place brussels sprouts onto sheet and toss with 2 tablespoons olive oil. Salt and pepper vegetables generously and toss one final time. Roast for 30 minutes, tossing halfway through. Remove from oven and lightly drizzle with more dressing.
While the vegetables cook, transfer quinoa to a medium pot, add 2 cups of water and bring to a boil. Then, cover, reduce heat to medium low and simmer until water is absorbed, about 15 minutes. When quinoa is done cooking, remove from heat.
In a small bowl, thoroughly massage kale with 1 tablespoon of dressing until kale begins to darken.
When everything is done cooking, assemble bowls. Divide quinoa among four bowls, top with roasted vegetables and massaged kale. Sprinkle with sliced almonds and drizzle with more maple balsamic dressing as desired. Mix and enjoy!