I love chocolate. And if you’re like me, when I get a craving for chocolate– I want it and I want it now. Well no worries, I’ve got you covered. No chocolate needed–just cocoa powder and coconut oil.
In this holiday version of my Raw Cocoa Crunch Bark, I’ve paired freshly cracked nuts, tart cranberries, and sweet candied oranges together in a classic raw dark chocolate mixture. This recipe was developed with the help of my favorite chef–Chef Keilen Shigematsu, owner of Table Focus Catering.
If you are planning to share the bark or want to make a bunch to have on hand, double (or triple!) the recipe. When wrapped tightly, the bark will stay good in the freezer for a few months. (If it lasts that long, that is!)
If you are planning on giving the bark as a gift, store in the freezer until ready to wrap up. The bark is best kept in a dry, cool area or in the fridge to avoid melting.
Don’t love the toppings in this recipe? Check out some of my other favorite combinations here or come up with your own favorite combo! Nuts, dried fruit, seeds, candy pieces–the possibilities are endless! If you come up with a new combo for this Cocoa Crunch Bark recipe, I would love to see!
Christmas Cocoa Crunch Bark
Satisfy your chocolate craving with this perfect, quick sweet treat for the holidays.
- 1/2 cup 100% cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoons raw quinoa
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon stevia
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup pistachios, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons candied orange, diced in small pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon pink himalayan salt
- 2 tablespoons white chocolate, melted
- Toast raw quinoa over medium-high heat until slightly browned and nutty aroma.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix together cocoa powder and melted coconut oil. Stir in toasted quinoa, maple syrup, and stevia.
- Pour mixture onto a plate or sheet pan lined with parchment paper or wax paper. Sprinkle pistachios, dried cranberries, candied oranges, and salt over the melted chocolate mixture. Drizzle white chocolate over and use a toothpick to create swirl effect if desired.
- Freeze for 1 hour. Break into pieces and enjoy! Store leftovers in freezer for up to 3 months.