These dark chocolate avocado truffles are completely customizable and call for just 3 ingredients. Plus, they are ready to go in just under 20 minutes with no baking involved! Perfect to bring to your next party or add to your holiday dessert table.
How do I make these 3-ingredient avocado truffles?
I love this no-bake recipe because it is so simple to whip up and chances are you already have all of the ingredients you need on hand.
First, melt the chocolate
Melt any kind of dark chocolate bar or chocolate chips until smooth. You can use a microwave or create your own double broiler by placing a glass bowl with the chocolate over a pan of hot (not boiling) water to melt the chocolate.
Then, add in the avocado
You’ll want to mash your avocado with a fork until it reaches a pureed consistency. There should be little to no clumps. You can also use a food processor if you prefer. The key to creating the avocado puree is buying ripe to overripe avocados. When you buy them, they should feel very soft to the touch. Sometimes you can even snag discounted overripe avocados.
Once it’s mashed, add it into the melted chocolate and stir until everything is completely combined.
Finally, coat your avocado truffles
After making the chocolate mixture, freeze for 10 minutes or until it has thickened into a rollable consistency. Then, simply scoop the chocolate into balls and roll in your coating.
Are these truffles healthy?
Since the main ingredient in these truffles is chocolate, it ‘s still a sweet treat to be enjoyed in moderation. However, these avocado truffles are definitely a healthier dessert option.
Small amounts of dark chocolate in the diet has been linked to positive health effects like lower blood pressure, improved cholesterol, and anti-inflammatory effects.
This truffles recipe calls for avocados instead of the traditional heavy cream. Avocados are a great source of healthy fats and other nutrients. One serving 1/3 of an avocado.
Customize it your way
My recipes always call for ingredients “of your choice”. In this recipe, you get to choose what chocolate and coating to use.
Play around with different kinds of dark chocolate bars or chips. Some of my favorite bars include caramel sea salt, cranberry almond, or plain dark chocolate.
For the coating, you can use pretty much anything you have on hand or love. Try everything from cocoa powder to matcha to shredded coconut. I like to use a variety of coatings so everyone can choose their favorite!
Perfect for the holidays
These 3-ingredient customizable avocado truffles are a great holiday-ready dessert. You can make them ahead of time and have them ready to go for your next party. If you have extras, simply freeze and pull out when you have a sweet tooth.
Looking for more avocado recipes?
Avocados provide a creamy, satisfying element to recipes that you just can’t beat. Here are some other ways to use this beloved ingredient:
- Garlic Avocado Toast
- Mexican Quinoa Stuffed Peppers
- Thai Peanut Tofu Buddha Bowl
- Roasted Tomato Basil Soup
Customizable Dark Chocolate Avocado Truffles
- 3.5 oz dark chocolate bar of your choice or dark chocolate chips, about ½ cup chopped
- 1/3 large ripe avocado or ½ small ripe avocado, mashed into a puree*
- 1 tablespoon coating of your choice (cocoa powder, shredded coconut, matcha powder, protein powder, sprinkles, cocoa nibs, finely chopped nuts, chia seeds, peanut powder)
- Microwave chocolate for 30 second increments, stirring in between until melted. Alternatively, you can place a glass bowl with the chocolate over a pan of hot (not boiling) water to melt the chocolate.
- Add mashed avocado into melted chocolate and stir until fully incorporated. Freeze the mixture for 10 minutes. Once mixture has thickened into a rollable consistency, use a spoon to scoop out chocolate and roll into one inch balls.
- Place coating of your choice in a small bowl and roll truffles to coat. Store truffles in fridge for up to four days or freezer for one month.