Hi there! Thanks for visiting my site. My name is Mackenzie Burgess and I am the blogger behind “Cheerful Choices”. This food and nutrition blog is dedicated to my healthy kitchen creations and nutrition philosophies. A few things about me:
- I am a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN) – the true experts on all things food and nutrition.
- My recipes are focused on utilizing fresh produce, reducing food waste, and simplifying food.
- I like to provide readers with various recipe alterations to cater to different occasions, preferences, and ingredients already on hand.
What does “Cheerful Choices” mean?
The meaning behind my blog name is two-fold, really:
- I believe in the idea of listening to your body and choosing foods that will both nourish you and fulfill your cravings. Think: sustainable + satisfying choices. Finding enjoyment in our food should be one of life’s great joys.
- My recipes are all about catering to your personal + dietary preferences and food already on hand. For example, my Quinoa Crunch Granola calls for nuts, seeds and add-ins of your choice. That means more items already in your kitchen + using more of the ingredients you know you love.