Hi there! Thanks for visiting my site. My name is Mackenzie Burgess and I am the blogger behind “Cheerful Choices”. My blog focuses on simple recipes with customizable ingredients “of your choice”.
A few things about me:
- I am a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN) – the true experts on food and nutrition. On top of being a dietitian, I’m certified in culinary nutrition education, making me your go-to expert to learn healthy recipes from!
- I provide readers with various recipe alterations to accommodate different dietary preferences and ingredients already on hand.
- I love to perform live cooking demos on the news and provide quotes for hundreds of top media outlets like Prevention, Eat This, and Oprah Magazine.
What does “Cheerful Choices” mean?
The meaning behind my blog name is two-fold, really:
- I believe in the idea of listening to your body and choosing foods that will both nourish you and fulfill your cravings. Think: sustainable + satisfying choices. Finding enjoyment in our food is one of life’s great joys!
- My recipes are all about catering to your dietary preferences + food already on hand. For example, my Quinoa Crunch Granola calls for nuts, seeds and add-ins of your choice. That means you can use items already in your kitchen + use the ingredients you know you love.
New to healthy cooking?
I’ve created the perfect program for you. As a culinary dietitian, I offer virtual nutrition coaching and cooking classes personalized to you and you busy lifestyle. This is a great option for those looking to set actionable goals and increase their kitchen confidence.