It’s 5 o’clock somewhere, right?? Whether you’re laying by the pool, entertaining guests, or want to celebrate the weekend—I’ve got the drink for you.
This Strawberry Lemon Spritzer is naturally flavored from seasonal strawberries and freshly squeezed lemons. Unlike most cocktails, this drink has sugar-free + low-sugar options and has less than 100 calories per drink. This refreshing drink will be your new one to have on repeat when the sun is out.
Most cocktails have anywhere from 10 to 60 grams of sugar. (Yes, I hate to break it to you but that pina colada clocks in at about 68 grams of sugar!)
This recipe contains no added sugar by using a dash of liquid stevia for sweetness. If you don’t have stevia and opt for agave, it still only contains 7 grams of added sugar per drink.
Tips for ordering drinks out
Drinking can be a fun part of social gatherings. Moderate drinking is usually defined as one drink per day for women and two drinks per day for men. When ordering a drink, these are some things I like to do to lighten it up.
- Order extra lemon or lime wedges and squeeze over your drink for extra flavor and vitamin C.
- When ordering fruit juice filled drinks like vodka cranberry or gin & juice, opt for soda water and a splash of juice rather than all juice. Soda water adds carbonation and volume to the drink without any calories or sugar.
- Don’t get soda water confused with tonic water. Tonic water contains 20 grams of added sugar per 8 ounces, comparable to 26 grams of added sugar in most 8 ounce sodas.
Customize this low calorie spritzer your way
Mix up this spritzer with your favorite flavor of carbonated water or seasonal fruit. Try mixing it up with raspberries or blueberries. You can also multiply this recipe and combine it all in one to make a party-ready pitcher.
Need more help with recipes for your busy schedule?
In my coaching + cooking program, I help busy people with beginner cooking knowledge become confident in the kitchen so that they can enjoy nourishing foods they love and stress less about mealtime. Click here to learn more about this virtual program led by a dietitian.
- 1 cup strawberries, stemmed and diced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, about 1 lemon
- 2 ounces vodka
- 1/2 tsp liquid stevia or 1 tablespoon agave
- 12 ounces carbonated water of your choice (plain soda water, favorite fruit flavored sparkling water, etc. My favorite to use is strawberry sparkling water.)
- 1 cup ice
- Lemon wedges & strawberry slices, for garnish
- To make the strawberry purée: blend strawberries, lemon juice, vodka, and stevia or agave in a blender until smooth.
- Pour 6 ounces of carbonated water into two cocktail glasses. Next, divide the strawberry purée between the two glasses and stir. Then, add 1/2 cup of ice to each glass and stir one more time. Top with lemon wedges and sliced strawberries, if desired, and enjoy!
Please note these are affiliate links. I only link to products I love and recommend!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1 drink
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 95Total Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCarbohydrates: 8gProtein: 1g
This is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. Nutrition may vary depending on ingredients used. This nutrition was calculated based on using liquid stevia for the sweetener. For more nutrition information, seek a professional registered dietitian's advice.