This easy 6 ingredient sheet pan dinner is on the table in less than 30 minutes. Serve with quick cooking rice, avocado, and lemon wedges for a balanced meal.
This sheet pan dinner is so easy to make
This dinner is filled with all the good stuff. Fresh vegetables, juicy shrimp, and bright citrus flavor.
All you do is mix six ingredients together in a bowl, spread it onto a baking sheet, and throw in the oven for 12 minutes. That’s it.
Customize this sheet pan dinner:
Like my other recipes, this meal is completely customizable.
Use vegetables of your choice
Use whatever vegetable is your favorite or ones you already have on hand. Vegetables that cook in under 15 minutes work best here, so avoid tougher root vegetables.
My new favorite vegetable to use (pictured here) is broccolini. You can also use small florets of broccoli, asparagus, zucchini, yellow squash, cherry tomatoes, sweet peppers, or a combination. This recipe calls for 2 cups of vegetables, but the more the better!
What is broccolini?
Broccolini is a mix between regular broccoli and Chinese broccoli. It has a bit of a milder, sweeter taste. You can find this vegetable in the produce section near the broccoli and leafy greens. It is often labeled as “baby broccoli” in the store.
When comparing broccoli with broccolini, the nutrition is almost identical. They are both great sources of vitamin C, protein, and fiber. Their peak season is between October through April.
Use spices of your choice
You can also mix up the seasoning sprinkled on at the end with any spices you like. Spices are a great way to boost flavor without extra calories. I like to use everything bagel seasoning which is a mix of sea salt, garlic, onion, and sesame seeds. This seasoning mix also goes great over avocado toast and soups.
Is this sheet pan dinner healthy?
This meal has a great balance of carbohydrates, protein, and healthy fats in just a few ingredients. A four ounce serving of shrimp, which would be about one serving of this recipe, has 120 calories and 23 grams of protein. Use the Monterey Bay Aquarium Seafood Watch program to find sustainable seafood options. Also, look for shrimp that’s been eco-certified by the Marine Stewardship Council (MSC), Aquaculture Stewardship Council (ASC), or Best Aquaculture Practices (BAP).
I like to add brown rice, avocado, and lemon wedges at the end to round out the meal. Quick 90-second microwavable brown rice packets are a super convenient way to get your whole grains in. The avocado adds in some creaminess and healthy fats while the lemon wedges over the top give the dish an extra pop of flavor.
Check out these other easy sheet pan dinners created by dietitians:
Sheet Pan Ingredients:
- 1 pound raw jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined, thawed
- 2 cups 1-inch chopped vegetables of your choice, (Use a vegetable that cooks quickly such as broccolini, small florets of broccoli, asparagus, zucchini, yellow squash, cherry tomatoes, or peppers. You can also use a combination.)
- 4 large cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Juice of half small lemon or 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Seasonings of your choice, to taste (I really like using bagel seasoning. You can also use other seasonings like salt, black pepper, red pepper flakes, cumin, garlic powder, etc)
Optional but recommended:
- 2 - 8.8 ounce pouches of pre-cooked rice of your choice, (Uncle Ben’s Ready Rice, Seeds of Change, Market Pantry)
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Lemon wedges
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Combine shrimp and vegetables in a large bowl. Pour over garlic, olive oil, and lemon juice and toss until everything is coated.
- Spread out shrimp and vegetables in a single layer on a large baking sheet lined with foil. Sprinkle over seasonings to taste. Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until shrimp are pink and vegetables are tender-crisp.
- Optional: Microwave rice for 90 seconds or according to package instructions. Divide cooked rice, shrimp, and vegetables among bowls. Serve with sliced avocado and lemon wedges, if desired. Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Please note these are affiliate links. I only link to products I love and recommend!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 grams
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 430Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 145mgSodium: 230mgCarbohydrates: 47gFiber: 7gSugar: 0gProtein: 22g
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. Nutrition vary depending on ingredients used. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional registered dietitian nutritionist’s advice.