3 minutes? Too good to be true? I thought so too. But these 3-minute microwave kale chips are the perfect crispy addition to salads or just a quick, healthy snack for your day. It is also the perfect idea to use up extra kale that is about to go bad. See the video below for a step by step tutorial on how to make this easy snack!
How do you make microwave kale chips?
First, start out by washing your kale and ripping it into bite sized pieces. Add any flavor additions of your choice. Then, put it on parchment paper over a microwave safe plate.
Next, watch the glorious transformation…1 minute… 2 minutes…
3 minutes… and done!
Perfectly crispy. If you are not getting crispy kale, nuke it for another 30 seconds or minute. Also, be sure to not overcrowd the kale on the plate.
Give these microwave kale chips the 3 minute try. Trust me, once you try it, you’ll definitely be saying, kale yeah. See the video below to see just how easy this recipe is!
Flavor these kale chips with seasonings of your choice
Try adding a drizzle of olive oil with a dash of salt and pepper for some added flavor. You can also get creative and add parmesan cheese, various spices, or different oils and balsamic vinegars. I love utilizing local Rocky Mountain Olive Oil products like basil olive oil, serrano honey balsamic vinegar, and so many more. If you are using oil, you will just want to lightly coat the kale to make sure it still crisps up.
Here are some ideas to get your started
Try these yummy variations. If you come up with a new variation for these kale chips recipe, I would love to hear about it!
- Asian Sesame Kale Chips: garlic olive oil, soy sauce, sesame seeds
- Cheesin’ Kale Chips: parmesan cheese or nutritional yeast, olive oil, sea salt
- Popcorn Kale Chips: butter olive oil, butter seasoning
- Maple Balsamic Kale Chips: red wine vinegar, olive oil, dijon mustard, maple syrup, balsamic vinegar, salt (see Maple Balsamic Kale Chip Salad here)
Need more help with recipes for your busy schedule?
In my coaching + cooking program, I help busy people with beginner cooking knowledge become confident in the kitchen so that they can enjoy nourishing foods they love and stress less about mealtime. Click here to learn more about this virtual program led by a dietitian.
- 1 kale leaf, washed and ripped into medium-sized pieces
- Flavor additions of your choice, (olive oil, vinegars, sea salt, bagel seasoning, fresh herbs, parmesan cheese, nutritional yeast, etc. See above for more ideas.)
- Wash kale and dry thoroughly. Coat kale with any additional oils or seasonings for extra flavor if desired.
- Line a microwave-safe plate with parchment paper and arrange the kale pieces in a single layer on the plate.
- Microwave for 2 ½ to 3 mins or until crispy. Enjoy immediately as they lose their crispiness with time.