3 minutes? Too good to be true? I thought so too. But these kale chips are the perfect crispy addition to salads or just a quick, healthy snack for your day. It is also the perfect idea to use up extra kale that is about to go bad.
Watch the glorious transformation…1 minute… 2 minutes..
3 minutes… and done. Perfectly crispy. Still don’t believe me? Give it the 3 minute try. Trust me, once you try it, you’ll definitely be saying, “KALE YEAH!” See the video below to see just how easy this recipe is!
Try adding a drizzle of olive oil with a dash of salt and pepper for some added flavor. You can also get creative and add parmesan cheese, various spices, or different oils and balsamic vinegars. I personally love utilizing local Rocky Mountain Olive Oil products like basil olive oil, serrano honey balsamic vinegar, and so many more. Try these yummy variations. If you come up with a new variation for these kale chips recipe, I would love to hear about it!
- Asian Sesame Kale Chips: garlic olive oil, soy sauce, sesame seeds
- Cheesin’ Kale Chips: parmesan cheese or nutritional yeast, olive oil, sea salt
- Popcorn Kale Chips: butter olive oil, butter seasoning
- Maple Balsamic Kale Chips: red wine vinegar, olive oil, dijon mustard, maple syrup, balsamic vinegar, salt (see Maple Balsamic Kale Chip Salad here)
3 Minute Microwave Kale Chips
- 1 kale leaf washed and ripped into medium-sized pieces
- Flavor additions of your choice (see above)
- Wash kale and dry thoroughly. Coat kale with any additional oils or seasonings (see above for variation ideas).
- Line a microwave-safe plate with parchment paper and arrange the kale pieces in a single layer on the plate.
- Microwave for 2 ½ to 3 mins or until crispy. Enjoy immediately as they lose their crispiness with time.