Looking for the perfect pumpkin dessert? Look no further with this 5-ingredient pumpkin spice protein shake. This sweet shake packs in 25 grams of satisfying protein! Plus, it’s vegan and gluten-free.
Disclosure: This post has been sponsored by Naked Nutrition. All opinions are my own; I never feature a brand that I don’t love! See my disclosure policy for more details.
What does this recipe taste like?
This protein shake tastes like a slice of creamy pumpkin pie with just the right amount of vanilla ice cream on top. It’s sweet while being balanced with additional nutrients from the pumpkin puree and protein powder.
Is protein powder healthy?
Protein powder can be a convenient way to boost your protein intake throughout the day, especially for those who are busy and on-the-go. Research shows that consuming around 25-30 grams of protein per meal can allow us to feel fuller longer.
One of my favorite powders is this seasonal Naked Nutrition Pumpkin Spice Protein Shake (available during the fall and winter months)! One serving (2 scoops) packs in 20 grams of protein along with important vitamins and minerals. Since it’s made from pea protein, it’s also vegan-friendly. Simply blend together with dairy-free ice cream for a plant-based treat!
How do you make this pumpkin spice protein shake?
This healthy pumpkin milkshake comes together in just two easy steps. The end result? A seasonal sweet treat packed with 25 grams of protein!
- Start by adding everything to a blender. Luckily, there’s no prep work involved here. Just dump all your ingredients in a blender. This shake has a thinner consistency but if you like thicker milkshakes, use less milk and consider freezing your pumpkin puree before adding.
- Then, blend until smooth. It shouldn’t take long for everything to blend together into creamy goodness. This is such a fun way to mix things up and enjoy protein powder in a better-for-you dessert.
Customize it your way
Like all of my other recipes, this pumpkin shake is completely customizable. You get to choose what milk and ice cream you want to use.
If you’re following a vegan diet, use any type of plant-based milk and dairy-free vanilla ice cream like a coconut milk-based ice cream or almond milk-based ice cream. If you don’t have any dietary preferences, feel free to use regular ice cream.
Looking for more customizable recipes made for you and your health goals? Click here to learn more about my coaching + cooking program.
Protein cookies are perfect to enjoy with this milkshake
Protein shake meets protein cookies? I think yes!
Naked Nutrition just came out with these new protein cookies and I have to tell you, they are so delish! Dunk in this pumpkin milkshake for extra protein and crunch.
Have leftover pumpkin puree leftover? Try using it up in these other recipes:
- 2 scoops of Naked Nutrition Pumpkin Spice Protein Shake**
- 1/4 cup pure pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon
- 1 cup unsweetened milk of your choice (almond milk, soy milk, oat milk)
- 2/3 cup dairy-free vanilla ice cream (or regular ice cream)
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend on high until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into a glass and enjoy right away (or you can store in a covered glass or mason jar with lid for up to 24 hours in the fridge.)
**Note: Their pumpkin spice flavor is only available during the fall and winter months. If you don't see it, feel free to use a vanilla protein powder!
This is the protein powder I'm using for this recipe!
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1 shake
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 360Total Fat: 14gSodium: 360mgCarbohydrates: 35gFiber: 4gSugar: 25gProtein: 25g