These Buffalo Chicken Wraps are ideal for those game day parties or a busy weeknight. This recipe is packed with a cheesy buffalo dip topped with veggies and rolled up in a tortilla. The best part? You get to customize these wraps with cheese and veggies of your choice!
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. All opinions are my own; I never feature a brand that I don’t love! See my disclosure policy for more details.
Table of Contents
Why you’ll love it
This recipe is sure to be a favorite for a number of reasons.
- Flavorful: The perfect balance of spice from the buffalo sauce and coolness from the ranch and cheese.
- Perfect for Parties: Ideal for those parties when you want to serve up something delicious but don’t have much time.
- Customizable: Choose your favorite veggies to add a fresh crunch.
What are buffalo chicken wraps?
Buffalo chicken wraps are a scrumptious twist on traditional game day fare. They combine fiery buffalo dip with the freshness of your favorite veggies, all wrapped in a tortilla. Serve these at your Super Bowl party or enjoy as a unique lunch or dinner.
Are buffalo wraps healthy?
As a dietitian, I’m all about balance. Let’s be honest: this recipe does include some high-calorie goodies like ranch dressing and cheese. However, it’s important to be able to incorporate some of these rich ingredients into our diets without guilt. This builds sustainable eating patterns. Remember: life is about both enjoying our food and letting it nourish our bodies with nutrients.
There are some simple ways we’re making these wraps healthier though.
- Opt for low-fat cream cheese for less fat and calories.
- In addition to the veggies in the wrap, feel free to have more veggies on the side.
- Look for whole grain wraps for a bit extra fiber.
What ingredients do you need?
- Buffalo Sauce: The MVP of this recipe! Find your favorite brand and get ready for some heat. We love using Primal Kitchen’s buffalo sauce.
- Ranch Dressing: It cools down the spice and adds creaminess. Light versions work great too!
- Cheese: Use your favorite cheese like sharp cheddar or pepper jack for some extra heat.
- Cream Cheese: We’re calling for Greek or low-fat cream cheese but you can also use whole fat versions.
- Chicken: Shredded rotisserie chicken is our go-to for convenience and flavor. There’s also pre-shredded chicken typically available in the deli department.
- Tortillas: Perfect for wrapping up all that goodness.
- Veggies: Adds important color, vitamins, and minerals into the mix.
How do you make these buffalo chicken wraps?
- Make buffalo dip: Combine all buffalo dip ingredients and cook until melted and thickened into a dip. This part alone is sooo good.
- Add over fillings: Add buffalo dip to tortilla then top with veggies.
- Roll and heat: Need help rolling wraps? View this guide before rolling. Then, you have the option to heat it up. We love doing this to get the tortilla crispy on the outside.
Recipe tips and tricks
- Serving Tips: Try serving these wraps alongside similar dippers you’d have out for buffalo dip like celery, carrots, and pita chips.
- Troubleshooting Tips: The dip may be thinner or thicker depending on the ingredients you use. If the texture is thinner, you may need to use less buffalo dip inside the tortilla to make it easier to wrap. You can also let the dip cool slightly to allow it to thicken up.
- Scaling Tips: You can always scale this recipe down by cutting it in half if you only want to make 4 wraps.
Customize it your way
Like all of my other recipes, this buffalo chicken wrap is completely customizable. You get to choose what cheese and veggies you want to use.
- Shredded cheese of your choice: Cheddar cheese is typically traditional to buffalo dip but you can customize with most of any cheese you prefer–just make sure to use shredded to it easily melts. Customize with Mozzarella, Monterey Jack, Pepper Jack, Gouda, or Colby.
- Veggies of your choice: Mix it up depending on what you’re craving or have on hand. Veggies like bell peppers, tomatoes, celery, carrots, zucchini, yellow squash, broccoli, corn, onions, mushrooms, lettuce, or a mixture all work great. If serving the wraps with lettuce, we’d recommend serving right away without cooking the tortilla so the lettuce doesn’t wilt.
Can I make it ahead of time?
You bet! Whip up the buffalo dip beforehand and keep it in the fridge. On game day, just assemble, heat, and serve. You won’t miss a minute of the action.
You can also fully prep the wraps and store in the fridge until ready to eat.
How do I store leftovers?
Got leftovers? No problem! Tuck them away in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days. They’re great for a post-game day snack.
Need more help with recipes for your busy schedule?
In my coaching + cooking program, I help busy people with beginner cooking knowledge become confident in the kitchen so that they can enjoy nourishing foods they love and stress less about mealtime. Click here to learn more about this virtual program led by a dietitian.
Buffalo Chicken Wraps
Buffalo Dip Ingredients:
- 1 cup buffalo sauce
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- 1 cup shredded cheese of your choice (cheddar, mozzarella, monterey jack, pepper jack, gouda, or colby)
- 1 package (8 ounces) Greek or low fat cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups cooked and shredded chicken
- 8 – 8 inch tortillas
- 2 cups quick cooking vegetables of your choice, diced into 1/4″ pieces (bell peppers, tomatoes, celery, carrots, zucchini, yellow squash, broccoli, corn, onions, mushrooms, lettuce or a mixture)
- 4 cups buffalo dip (from recipe above)
Buffalo Dip Instructions:
- In a medium-size pot over medium heat, combine the buffalo sauce, ranch, shredded cheese, and cream cheese. Cook for 8 to 10 minutes, or until the mixture is smooth and the cream cheese is completely melted.
- Stir in the shredded chicken and continue cooking for another 5 minutes, until heated through.
- Lay out a tortilla on a flat surface.
- Spread 1/2 cup of the prepared buffalo dip evenly over the tortilla followed by 1/4 cup veggies of your choice.
- Roll the tortilla tightly, securing the contents inside.
- Repeat with the remaining tortillas for a total of 8 wraps.
- Optional: For a crispy tortilla, lightly coat a pan with cooking spray. Then, pan fry the rolled wraps on medium heat for 3-4 minutes per side.
- Store any leftover wraps in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.