These Coconut Matcha Energy Bites are the perfect bite to power your day. They are filled with healthy ingredients like nuts, seeds, coconut, and matcha powder. Plus, these protein matcha bites are naturally dairy-free, vegan, and gluten-free!
Do you remember when you first started liking coffee or tea? I remember my freshman year of college is when I started really getting into the routine of having some type of coffee or tea with my breakfast. Some of my favorite morning pick me ups are cold brew, warm golden milk, or matcha lattes.
What are the health benefits of matcha?
Matcha is a fine green powder made from green tea leaves. It’s the only tea where the leaves are consumed as part of the drink rather than being infused, and therefore has an even higher antioxidant content than most teas. Antioxidants are important for our health as they counteract free radicals in our bodies, protecting cells and tissues from damage. Other antioxidant rich food sources include blueberries, cocoa, kale, nuts, and beans.
How do I make Coconut Matcha Energy Bites?
First, mix everything together
Start with a base of rolled oats. Then, add in all other ingredients until everything is coated.
Then, stick the mixture in the freezer
Chilling the energy bites mixture for 20-30 minutes makes it much easier to roll. If you’re short on time you can skip this step and go right into rolling the bites–but expect sticky hands!
Finally, roll the mixture into bites
Use your hands to roll into balls. This recipe will make for 12 large bites or 24 smaller bites. I love to enjoy these no bake Coconut Matcha Energy Bites alongside a matcha latte to energize my day.
Want more healthy energy bites?
Check out my energy bites recipe template. This recipe template allows you to completely customize these bites with any ingredients you have in your pantry.
Coconut Matcha Energy Bites
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup shredded or flaked coconut, unsweetened
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon matcha powder, plus more for rolling
- 1/2 cup nut or seed butter of choice (peanut butter, almond butter sun butter, etc)
- 1 tablespoon almond milk or water
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- Combine oats, coconut, chia seeds, and matcha in a large bowl.
- Add in nut or seed butter and almond milk. Stir to combine. Mixture should be slightly sticky but still crumbly.
- Add in maple syrup, 1 tablespoon at a time, stirring until mixture starts to come together in a sticky ball. If mixture is still too dry, add in more liquid.
- Place bowl in refrigerate or freezer for at least 30 minutes, then roll mixture into balls using hands. Roll in more matcha to coat the outside, if desired.
- Store in the fridge until ready to eat. Store any leftovers in fridge for up to 1 week or the freezer for up to 3 months.