If you’re like me, when you go in for a bite of a recipe, you love a good CRUNCH. That’s why I came up with this delicious Quinoa Crunch Granola. Quinoa makes for the perfect addition to this simple granola recipe as it provides an awesome crunch and packs in some added protein and nutrients. This granola is perfect to throw over yogurt, top over a baked apple, or simply eat on its own for a snack! Watch the video below to see how simple it is to make!
What’s even better is all of the ingredients are likely already in your pantry– so you can use up items you already have on hand. The recipe is completely customizable so you can throw in whatever you desire!
For my granola, I love to fill my 1 cup of add-ins with pecans, almonds, and dried cranberries. For seeds, I throw in ground flaxseed and chia seeds. Then for the spice, I love cinnamon, so I throw the full teaspoon of that in. For the oil portion, I usually love the taste of coconut oil but I also often opt to use olive oil for a different flavor and some heart-healthy fats thrown into the mix. Finally, for the sweetener, I like to throw in a combination of both maple syrup and honey.
If you use dried fruit, soak it in hot water 20 minutes prior to using in the granola or sprinkle it on after it comes out of the oven. This will help it to avoid becoming super hard when baking.
Voila! Homemade granola + one delicious smelling house in under an hour! If you go through this granola as quickly as I do, simply double the recipe! What’s your favorite granola combo? I would love to hear about it!
Quinoa Crunch Granola
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/4 cup sprouted or pre-washed quinoa, uncooked
- 1 cup add-ins of your choice (nuts, dried fruit, coconut flakes, etc)
- 1/4 cup seeds of your choice (chia seeds, ground flaxseed, pumpkin seeds, etc)
- 1 teaspoon spices of your choice (pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, nutmeg, etc)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, optional
- 1/4 cup oil of your choice, melted if needed (coconut oil, olive oil, canola oil)
- 1/3 cup liquid sweetener of your choice (maple syrup, agave, honey)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and stir until combined.
- Add mixture to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until slightly browned. Turn pan halfway through to ensure even cooking. If you would like more granola chunks, do not stir the granola and let it completely cool before break apart. If you do not want any clusters, stir granola throughout the baking process to break any chunks apart.
- Store cooled granola in an airtight container or bag and enjoy for up to a month!
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional dietitian nutritionist’s advice. Serving size: 1/4 cup Calories: 144 Fat: 8g Saturated fat: 4g Carbohydrates: 17g Sugar: 7g Sodium: 0mg Fiber: 3g Protein: 3g