An ideal morning for me would consist of watching the sun rise, reading a book while sipping on some hot tea, and taking my time getting ready for the day ahead. Instead, my mornings typically consist of a triple-snoozed alarm and a rush for the door. Relatable? Sometimes, the last thing I have time to think about is preparing a healthy breakfast. Luckily, this 4-ingredient grab-and-go yogurt parfait has been a delicious life saver for me.
Healthy Breakfast Basics
- Prepare your breakfast the night before. Trust me, you’ll thank me in the morning.
- Stay hydrated. I love my coffee and tea in the morning too, but try to drink some water to avoid feeling dehydrated later on.
- Combine complex carbohydrates + protein into your breakfast to keep you fuller longer. Some ideas: slices of egg frittata + fruit, whole grain toast + avocado, overnight oats, or this delicious 4-ingredient yogurt parfait.
This yogurt parfait is truly the perfect make-ahead breakfast recipe. Layer all the ingredients into a mason jar or meal prep container and store in the fridge. Then, top it off with the crunchy granola when you are ready to eat. Double or quadruple this recipe to eat it on repeat all week! You can store the parfaits in the fridge for up to 4 days, depending on the ripeness of the fruit of your choice.
A Few Parfait Pointers
- I enjoy plain greek yogurt for the additional protein but any yogurt you love is perfect. Be sure to check the added sugar content as yogurts often contain sneaky added sugars.
- Aim to use an all-natural nut or seed butter. Read the label. If the product contains added sugar or hydrogenated oils, steer clear. There should only be two ingredients–the nut or seed and salt.
- You can throw in whatever fruit you’re feeling or is seasonal at the time. My favorite is berries + bananas as they pair great with the peanut butter I typically use. Get creative here and see what your favorite combo is!
- My Quinoa Crunch Granola recipe is the perfect topping for this parfait. I like to double this granola recipe to have it on hand for weeks at a time. If you’re short on time and don’t get around to making this granola, don’t sweat it. Just sprinkle some chopped nuts or store-bought granola over top.
No more “no time for breakfast” excuses. Throw this perfect parfait together in 5 minutes or less. Completely customizable, protein-packed, and meal prep friendly. What are your favorite parfait combos?
4-Ingredient Customizable Yogurt Parfait
- 1/2 cup yogurt of your choice (greek yogurt, vegan yogurt, regular yogurt)
- 1 tablespoon melted all-natural nut or seed butter of your choice (peanut butter, cashew butter, sunflower seed butter)
- 1/2 cup diced fruit of your choice (strawberries, banana, blueberries, raspberries)
- 1/4 cup Quinoa Crunch Granola (Click the link below for this recipe!)
- In the bottom of a mason jar or bowl, layer half of the yogurt, then half of the nut butter, and finally half of the fruit. Repeat this layering again with remaining yogurt, nut butter, and fruit.
- Top parfait with another spoonful of yogurt and Quinoa Crunch Granola.*