Looking for a sweet snack that comes together in less than 5 minutes? Try these healthy vegan stuffed dates filled with any nut butter and toppings of your choice. Perfect for an energizing snack or party appetizer.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. All opinions are my own; I never feature a brand that I don’t love! See my disclosure policy for more details.
Are dates healthy for you?
Dates are one of my favorite sweet treats. I love to add them to everything from banana bread to salted caramel energy bites. Not only are they delicious but they are also packed with important nutrients like fiber, potassium, and magnesium.
The American Heart Association’s recommendation for added sugar is no more than 25 grams per day for women, and no more than 36 grams per day for men. That does not mean we should cut all sugar out of our diet, but instead we should enjoy it in moderation.
Dates are classified as a fruit, naturally containing fructose. This means they do not contain any added sugar, but rather are naturally sweetened by this fructose. Dates are a great option for those wanting a sweet treat minus the added sugar.
For two stuffed dates, this recipe packs in 4 grams of protein and 3 grams of fiber. This means it’s a great snack to fuel your day or a healthier party appetizer option.
How do you make stuffed dates?
These 3 ingredient stuffed dates are super simple to make.
- First, cut your dates in half with a lengthwise slit. I like to buy pitted dates but you can simply remove the pits if needed.
- Then, spoon in your nut butter. Use just enough to fill the dates without overflowing.
- Finally, add any toppings of your choice over top. I like to use a bunch of different toppings to have a fun variety.
Customize it your way
My recipes are focused on customizing with ingredients of your choice. This means you can use any ingredients you already have on hand or any of your favorites.
You can choose any nut butter of your choice. Try peanut butter, almond butter, cashew butter, or walnut butter. Nut free? No problem! Use a seed butter like watermelon seed butter, pumpkin seed butter, or sunflower seed butter.
You can also choose any toppings of your choice. Mix it up with a variety of different toppings. Try pomegranate seeds, cocoa nibs, mini chocolate chips, coconut flakes, chopped nuts, or seeds.
Looking for more personalized recipes made for you and your health goals? Click here to learn more about my coaching + cooking program.
Is this recipe vegan?
This recipe is 100% vegan friendly. If you are using chocolate chips over the top and want this recipe to be completely plant-based, just be sure to use vegan friendly chocolate chips.
What are your favorite toppings to add over these nut butter stuffed dates?
Nut Butter Stuffed Dates
These customizable stuffed dates are filled with any nut butter and toppings of your choice. Perfect for an energizing snack or cute party appetizer!
- 1 Medjool date, pitted
- 1 teaspoon nut butter of your choice (peanut butter, almond butter, cashew butter, etc. You can even use a seed butter if you are nut free)
- 1 teaspoon toppings of your choice (pomegranate seeds, cocoa nibs, mini chocolate chips, coconut flakes, chopped nuts or seeds, etc.)
- Use a knife to cut your date with a lengthwise slit on one side. (Be sure to not cut through the other side.)
- Spoon your nut or seed butter into the halved date.
- Press toppings of your choice over the top.
- Repeat to create as many dates as you’d like!
Please note these are affiliate links. I only link to products I love and recommend!
Nutrition Information:Serving Size: 1 date
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 70Total Fat: 4gCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 1gSugar: 6gProtein: 2g