The holidays are here and it’s time to get our red and green on. I’ve paired sweet cranberries, freshly cracked nuts, and seasonal pumpkin seeds together in this comforting granola. This recipe is perfect to throw over yogurt, top over a baked apple, or simply eat on its own for a snack! It’s also a great, unique gift for the holidays rather than your classic cookie giveaway.
Pro tip: If you are using dried fruit, soak it in hot water 20 minutes prior to using in the granola. This will help it to avoid becoming so hard when baking.
Don’t love the ingredients in this recipe? Check out my other classic granola recipe here or come up with your own favorite combo! Nuts, dried fruit, seeds, shredded coconut–the possibilities are endless! If you come up with a new combo for this Quinoa Crunch Granola recipe, I would love to see!
Holiday Quinoa Crunch Granola
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/4 cup quinoa uncooked
- 1/2 cup pistachios
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt optional
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract optional
- 1/4 cup oil of your choice melted if needed (coconut oil, olive oil, canola oil)
- 1/3 cup liquid sweetener of your choice maple syrup, agave, honey
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and stir until combined.
- Add mixture to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until slightly browned. Make sure to turn the pan halfway through and gently stir mixture to ensure it doesn’t burn.
- Store in an airtight container or bag and enjoy for up to a month!