This light Strawberry Rosé Mojito is an elegant spin on the classic mint mojito. It’s a perfect drink to sip in the sunshine or make for your next party. Unlike most sugary cocktails, this drink is only 100 calories and includes both sugar-free and low-sugar options. Plus, it’s so simple to make.
How to make a lower sugar drink
Fruit-based drinks are my favorite because you can add natural sweetness from the fresh fruit without having to add lots of added sugar. For this Strawberry Rosé Mojito, muddling the strawberries releases the juices which helps sweeten this drink. I like to add a splash of liquid stevia or agave too.
Here are some other tips for decreasing added sugar in your favorite cocktail:
- Add extra lemon or lime wedges and squeeze over your drink for an extra boost in flavor and vitamin C.
- Opt for soda water and a splash of juice rather than all juice. Soda water adds carbonation and volume to the drink without any calories or sugar.
- Don’t get soda water confused with tonic water. Tonic water contains 20 grams of added sugar per 8 ounces, comparable to 26 grams of added sugar in most 8 ounce sodas.
Customize this rosé mojito your way
Feel free to use any favorite rosé wine of yours. You could also swap this out for white wine or champagne. Get fancy at the end with garnishings like fresh mint leaves, strawberry slices, and thinly sliced limes.
Need more help with recipes for your busy schedule?
In my coaching + cooking program, I help busy people with beginner cooking knowledge become confident in the kitchen so that they can enjoy nourishing foods they love and stress less about mealtime. Click here to learn more about this virtual program led by a dietitian.
Save these other lower sugar cocktails for later:
- Strawberry Lemon Spritzer
- Red Wine Spritzer
- Sparkling Plum Basil Cocktail
- Strawberry Mojito Kombucha Spritzer
- 2 lime wedges
- 6 fresh mint leaves
- 2 large strawberries, sliced
- 1/8 teaspoon liquid stevia or 1 teaspoon agave syrup
- 1/2 cup (4 ounces) chilled rosé wine
- 1/4 cup chilled club soda
- 1/2 cup ice
- Combine the lime, mint, strawberries, and stevia or agave in a wine glass and muddle gently with the back of a spoon or muddler. Add the wine, club soda, and ice and stir.
- Garnish with more mint sprigs and sliced strawberries over top, if desired.
Please note these are affiliate links. I only link to products I love and recommend!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1 drink
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 100Carbohydrates: 8gFiber: 1gSugar: 6gProtein: 1g
The information shown is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. Nutrition vary depending on ingredients used. It should not be considered a substitute for a professional registered dietitian nutritionist’s advice.