Looking for the easiest air fried chickpeas? You’ve come to right place. Whip up these easy roasted chickpeas in just 12 minutes. Plus, you get to customize and choose what spices or seasonings you like best. Add Air Fryer Roasted Chickpeas to soups, salads, or enjoy as a healthy snack.
Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links. All opinions are my own; I never feature a brand that I don’t love! See my disclosure policy for more details.
First off, is this just another roasted chickpeas recipe?
There are tons of roasted chickpeas recipes out there–it’s hard to know which one to pick. Instead, use this customizable recipe template to make your own roasted chickpeas with your favorite seasoning and spices. This recipe is also unique because it’s done in just 12 minutes by using the air fryer!
How do you make roast chickpeas in the air fryer?
When I first experimented with roasted chickpeas in the air fryer, I was SO stoked. It gives such a satisfying crunch and it’s way faster to make in the air fryer rather than in the oven.
- First, drain, rinse, and dry your chickpeas. Make sure to let your chickpeas air dry or pack dry with a towel. This is an important step because excess water will make the chickpeas less crunchy.
- Then, mix your chickpeas, oil, and spices together. You get to choose any spices of your choice.
- Finally, throw them in your 390ºF pre-heated air fryer and cook for 12 minutes or until they reach the level of crunch you like.
As a note, you can definitely roast these chickpeas in the oven too. It’ll just take a lot longer. If you are roasting chickpeas in the oven, follow the same steps but bake at 400ºF for 30-40 minutes.
Customize this recipe template your way
Like most of my other recipes, these roasted chickpeas are completely customizable. You get to choose what spices or seasonings you want to use. Experiment with different types of spices and see which one is your favorite. Here are some ideas to get your started:
- Italian Seasoning
- Smoked Paprika
- Everything Bagel Seasoning – as pictured here
- Nutritional Yeast
- Za’atar Seasoning
- Taco Seasoning
- You could even go sweet and use Cinnamon, Nutmeg, or Pumpkin Pie Spice
Looking for more customizable recipes made for you and your health goals? Click here to learn more about my coaching + cooking program.
What are some different ways to use air fried chickpeas?
I love to add roasting chickpeas to lots of different dishes. Try adding them over…
- Couscous bowls
- Avocado halves
- Air fried chickpeas also make a great savory snack as is!
Looking for other healthy chickpea recipes? Check out these 10 plant-based meals featuring chickpeas as the star.
- 1 - 15 ounce can chickpeas/garbanzo beans
- 1 tablespoon oil of your choice (olive oil, avocado oil, grapeseed oil, or canola oil)
- 1 tablespoon seasonings or spices or choice (Italian seasoning, smoked paprika, everything bagel, nutritional yeast, za’atar seasoning, taco seasoning, etc.)
- Salt, to taste
- Preheat air fryer to 400º Fahrenheit/200º Celsius.
- In a bowl, stir together chickpeas, oil, spices, and salt until completely coated.
- Add seasoned chickpeas to air fryer and cook for 12 minutes or until they reach desired crispiness. Shake the basket halfway through to ensure even cooking.
- Store chickpeas in a loosely covered container for up to 1 week. If you notice leftover chickpeas losing their crunch, simply reheat in the airfryer for 1-2 minutes.
Don’t have an air fryer? Instead, roast in the oven at 400 degrees for 30-40 minutes until golden and crispy.
Please note these are affiliate links. I only link to products I love and recommend!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1/4 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 90Total Fat: 4gSodium: 30mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 3gSugar: 2gProtein: 4g
This is an estimate provided by an online nutrition calculator. Nutrition may vary depending on ingredients used. For more nutrition information, seek a professional registered dietitian's advice.